[Remind-Fans] maintaining *.rem files

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sat Jul 9 16:55:00 EDT 2022

On Sat, 9 Jul 2022 10:01:45 +0200
Saša Janiška via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> Do you simply add them as the time goes on, trimming old(er) entries
> etc.?

I have a bunch of different files that I hand-maintain, and a couple that
are auto-generated.

I occasionally go through them and prune old entries.  Remind does have
a mechanism to remove expired reminders (the "-j" command-line option
to invoke purge mode) but it's not perfect.  There are some types
of REM commands where it's too difficult for Remind to be 100% sure
they're expired, so it won't clean those up.

But for run-of-the-mill reminders, purge mode can be pretty helpful.