[Remind-Fans] Remind 04.01.00 BETA 1 is available

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Fri Sep 16 20:42:05 EDT 2022

On 2022-09-16 20:01, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> - NEW FEATURE: remind: "remind -c" now supports the SHADE special.
>  Works best with the 256-color extended XTerm palette or 24-bit
>  true-color terminal escape sequences.

I couldn't get this one working with just a grayscale color.
I created a file (ripped directly from the docs) with

  REM Sat Sun SPECIAL SHADE 128
  REM Mon SPECIAL SHADE 255 0 0

and invoked it with

  $ ./remind -c - at 2,1,1 -f test_shade.rem

and it colored Mondays in red, but not the weekends in gray.

If I change that first one to

  REM Sat Sun SPECIAL SHADE 128 128 128

it works.  Is there something I'm missing?  Or was this one-number
version overlooked?

> - NEW FEATURE: remind: The new "stdout()" function returns a string describing
>   where stdout is going.  Examples of return values are "TTY" if remind's
>   output is going to terminal

Ooh, nice, I'll be able to have this autodetect and use color if
isatty() rather than having custom aliases for color vs. no-color.

Thanks for all the work!

-tim