[Remind-Fans] $DontCue no longer works for rem

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu Oct 20 18:12:30 EDT 2022

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 15:06:48 -0700
Gary Johnson via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

>     IF $DontQueue == 0
>         REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri AT 13:00 MSG %"%"Eye drops
>         REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri AT 18:00 MSG %"%"Eye drops
>     ENDIF

I have no idea how that ever worked.

$DontQueue is set to 0 if there's no "-q" command-line option, and to
1 if there is:

        $ echo 'dump $DontQueue' | remind -
        Variable  Value
        $DontQueue  0

        $ echo 'dump $DontQueue' | remind -q -
        Variable  Value
        $DontQueue  1

As far as I can recall, Remind has always worked that way, so I don't
know what could have changed.  Could you have had a script of your
own called "rem" that invoked "remind" with the "-q" option?