[Remind-Fans] Odd visual artifacts (missing dividers) in calendar view in xterm

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Mon Feb 27 10:02:54 EST 2023

On 2023-02-27 08:31, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> Almost certainly an xterm bug.  Do either of these fix it?
>
>    LANG=C LC_ALL=C remind -q -c+ /dev/null

Just using

  LANG=C remind -q -c+ /dev/null

was enough to fix it while

>    remind '-i$SuppressLRM=1' -q -c+ /dev/null

didn't seem to change anything.

> Xterm is completely broken in a UTF-8 environment.  It's time to
> switch to something modern.

Okay, I switch between rxvt & xterm depending on which machine I'm
using.  I'll report it to the xterm mailing list, but I don't hold
out much hope of fixes.

> (Also, you don't really need the -q.  It does nothing in calendar mode.)

Ah, helpful to know.  It was an artifact of my shell alias, but
apparently just noise here.

Thanks!

-tim