[Remind-Fans] Categorize OMIT

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Tue Feb 28 16:34:36 EST 2023

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:29:45 +0100
Hendrik Dorn via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> As I understand it, to assign an omit to a specific reminder, one can
> use the keyword or a push-pop-context. As it now so happens, I live
> in a complicated world where compromises in cultural development lead
> to different holidays affecting different sets of activities. This
> can be schematically described by a table

> 	  A B C D
> 	1 *  *
> 	2   *   *
> 	3 * *   *

There's no convenient way to do this, unfortunately.  Maybe
being able to save the omit context to a named bucket could
help, but even then you'd need to repeat yourself.  Something
like:

CLEAR-OMIT-CONTEXT
OMIT A
OMIT C
SAVE-OMIT-CONTEXT bucket_1

OMIT D
SAVE-OMIT-CONTEXT bucket_3

CLEAR-OMIT-CONTEXT
OMIT B
OMIT D
SAVE-OMIT-CONTEXT bucket_2

LOAD-OMIT-CONTEXT bucket_1
REM whatever MSG 1

LOAD-OMIT-CONTEXT bucket_2
REM whatever MSG 2

LOAD-OMIT-CONTEXT bucket_3
REM whatever MSG 3

It wouldn't be hard to implement this in principle, but I'm not sure
it makes the reminder file any more readable or manageable.