[Remind-Fans] Somewhat OT: Daylight Saving Time (was Re: timezone handling)

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Mar 6 16:41:27 EST 2023

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 21:37:28 +0000
Tim Chase <remind at tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> On 2023-03-06 16:11, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> > If your location doesn't observe daylight saving time,

> A boy (or rather "this parent") can dream of such a day...  :-)

Absolutely!  When we moved to Canada, I was 11 and we moved from a place
that didn't observe DST.  When I was told we needed to change the clocks
twice a year, I thought my Mom was pranking me... she had that sense of
humor.

In a standup set, I made a proposal to change the clocks by two
minutes a day each day from March 1st through 30th.  That way, your
body doesn't really notice the change.  For some reason, it never
caught on.