[Remind-Fans] Native way to display reminders with no-delta only (except via calendar forms)

l0f4r0 at tuta.io l0f4r0 at tuta.io
Fri May 26 03:10:22 EDT 2023

Hi,

22 mai 2023, 21:02 de remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca:

> I got it wrong.
>
> "-t"        - pretend that *every* REM statement has a delta of infinity.
> "-tz" (new) - pretend that *every* REM statement has a zero delta.
> "-tn"       - Add "n" to any existing delta; if there's no delta, pretend
> there's a delta of "n".

Great.

By the way, I didn't realize until you write it here that "-tn" doesn't set "n" as any existing delta but actually adds "n".
I think that the documentation should be updated for this part as well because one can read currently:

"-tn    If you supply a number n after the -t option, then Remind pretends that each non-expired reminder has a delta of n days and triggers reminders accordingly."

So it makes me wonder if a new and last "-t" option could be interesting to overwrite any existing delta value to a new one (or pretend there is a new delta)... Otherwise, we could change current "-tn" behavior but I don't know what use case led initially to this specific behavior so it may not be appropriate for some users...

Thanks again for this great piece of software!
l0f4r0