[Remind-Fans] Plural() should compare to 0 as well

l0f4r0 at tuta.io l0f4r0 at tuta.io
Wed Jun 21 05:23:28 EDT 2023

Hello,

19 juin 2023, 19:08 de remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca:

> On 6/19/23 10:48, Jonathan Kamens via Remind-fans wrote:
>
>> Perhaps this depends on the language being spoken?
>>
>> In English the plural form is used for 0.
>>
>> E.g., we write "0 eggs, 1 egg, 2 eggs..."
>>
> I think German is the same way.  "Keine Eier" sounds correct.

Thanks Jonathan and Eben, I didn't suspect before you wrote that it could depend on the language.

That's a typical example of the benefit of a community: to think outside one's personal box :)

Okay then, nothing to change here for default/english remind behavior.

It would be nice however to allow customization for languages that don't follow this rule (french for example). Maybe a new system variable like $Zeroplu documented in "RUN-TIME SUPPORT FOR OTHER LANGUAGES"?
What do you think about it Dianne?

Thanks in advance.l0f4r0