[Remind-Fans] Notifications of up coming events

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Sep 17 22:13:43 EDT 2023

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 19:40:43 -0400
Storm Dragon via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> For example, I have a meeting on jitsi at 4:00PM on Friday, so I add
> my reminder, can I also add the link, https://meet.git.si/... and
> then when the reminder is sent to notifications, it would say
> "meeting on Jitsi", and use xclip to place the link in the clipboard?

You'd have to do that in a second REM command, or write a script to do
what you want, something like:

REM Fri AT 16:00 RUN my-script "meeting on Jitsi" https://meet.jit.si/...

and then "my-script" would speak the first argument (meeting on Jitsi)
and put the second argument (the URL) in xclip.  Obviously, "my-script"
is something you would have to write, and probably with a better name. :)