[Remind-Fans] Feature Request --replace

Storm Dragon storm_dragon at linux-a11y.org
Wed Oct 4 13:12:39 EDT 2023

Howdy,

Would it be possible to get a --replace flag for the server mode, so
that if it is launched and finds a running instance it will replace it?
My reasoning for this is, I have included a reminder system based on
remind in my I38 project. One of the keybindings allows you to restart
i3 without restarting X completely, and it reloads all the programs that
start with it. This means that multiple copies of the server can be
running at the same time, which can get a bit noisy with sound and
speech running multiple times. :)

thanks,
Storm
--