[Remind-Fans] unknown error: Too many full OMITs

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu Dec 28 18:27:24 EST 2023

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 18:03:04 -0500
"Ian! D. Allen via Remind-fans" <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I couldn't find the error "Too many full OMITs" documented in the man
> page:

There's a limit on the number of OMITs as noted in the man page.

> To a human, I only wrote *one* global OMIT, so I don't see how I can
> exceed any built-in limit.

The man page says:

       The  THROUGH  keyword  lets you conveniently OMIT a range of days.  For
       example, the following sequences are equivalent:

            OMIT 3 Jan 2011
            OMIT 4 Jan 2011
            OMIT 5 Jan 2011

            and

            OMIT 3 Jan 2011 THROUGH 5 Jan 2011

In my opinion, that makes it clear that "OMIT a THROUGH b" is equivalent
to a whole bunch of individual OMITs.

If you want to see how many full OMITs are allowed (a compile-time constant)
you can run:

    echo 'OMIT DUMP' | remind -