[Remind-Fans] unknown error: Too many full OMITs

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Fri Dec 29 14:40:25 EST 2023

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 18:49:44 -0500
"Ian! D. Allen via Remind-fans" <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> > In my opinion, that makes it clear that "OMIT a THROUGH b" is
> > equivalent to a whole bunch of individual OMITs.

> Yes, in your opinion of course it's clear; you wrote the code.  In my
> opinion, as someone who uses remind and didn't write it, it was not
> clear.

Fair enough.  I've made a couple of commits to address this:

o Clarify the limit on the number of full OMITs:
  https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind/commit/2f3ee0aec34f8744f1941af41e6e26ba72c6051b

o Add new system variables to introspect the number and maximum number of OMITs:
  https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind/commit/b45428df050972480d37bd339694281cd837ab5a