[Remind-Fans] Multi-user Remind (was Re: Ways to use Remind)

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Tue Jan 30 13:39:12 EST 2024

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 10:24:23 -0800
Neal Fultz via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I am reminded of the book /Dreaming in Code/ - it describes Mitch
> Kapor's Chandler project, and how it died because the calendar server
> got too complicated. He spent several million dollars on it and never
> shipped anything.

I remember that.  I looked at development versions of Chandler and immediately
thought to myself:  "This is way over-engineered; it's going nowhere."

> Syncing calendars in general is pretty hard, I guess.

Not necessarily.  I have a book called "Effective Tcl" and one of the sample
projects is a centralized calendar server (a very simple one, obviously, but
still...)