[Remind-Fans] Accented characters in rem2ps

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Apr 8 13:27:44 EDT 2024

On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 18:58:47 +0200
zut via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> It may not be a remind pb. Accented characters display correctly in
> plain text output, but not in the output from rem2ps, either with the
> `-i` option or without it.  I tried `iconv -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8825-1`
> with `-i` but that didn't fix it. Postscript output from other
> programs prints accented characters correctly.

rem2ps doesn't handle UTF-8 nor ISO-8825-1.  It might handle ISO-8859-1.

But you should be using rem2pdf instead; it properly handles UTF-8.  And
if you need PostScript, there are many tools to convert PDF to PostScript.

rem2ps is not undegoing further development; any new features will be added
to rem2pdf.