[RP-PPPoE] Discovery Packets written on socket rfc4938

Shukri George Abdallah sabdallah at mitre.org
Sun Jan 31 19:58:59 EST 2021

I am trying to run the PPPoE server side code only. I see PADG, PADC, and PADQ packets arriving at the sockets of each interface and being consumed by the function interfaceHandler. In turn, the function interfaceHandler writes these RFC4938 packets on a global socket rfc4938socket and sends to loopback address + port - 743+session id.
I do not see where the server side is consuming these packets or generating these packets.  Would you please point me to where is this being done? If it is being done.

What does the function CoordinationHandler do?

Thanks in advance

Shukri George Abdallah
Lead Network Researcher
L110 - Infra & Networking Innovation Center
Office - (703) 983-2470
Cell    - (703) 282-0152
Mail Stop - J500
MITRE | Solving Problems for a Safer World(tm)