[RP-PPPoE] ADMIN: Change in download policy for rp-pppoe

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Jul 10 13:49:44 EDT 2023

Hi,

I've noticed a number of systems repeatedly downloading the RP-PPPoE tarball
using automated methods.  I think someone has a build system that doesn't
cache source tarballs, but repeatedly fetches them from the original
source over and over again.

    ***** DON'T DO THAT. *****

I have now added a "prove you're human" interstitial page on the download
links that appear in https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/rp-pppoe/

I'm really sorry to have had to do this, but I can't accept abuse of my
bandwidth.  And also, please don't code workarounds to automatically get
past the interstitial or I will ban your IP address.

Once again: I apologize for this inconvenience and am sending out bad
vibes to the abusive freeloaders.