[Remind-Fans] overfull box detection in rem2pdf is incomplete

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Tue Mar 1 13:36:14 EST 2022

I got a warning today "WARNING: overfull box at 1 Mar 2022" when
generating a calendar, and indeed the text in that box was way over its
bottom line.

I shortened the content in that box and ran the rem2pdf command again,
and the warning went away, but the box is still too full.

In particular, there's a bit of the second-to-last line of text and all
of the last line of text extending past the bottom of the box.

I wonder if it's using the upper left corner of the last calendar entry
in the box to determine whether it's overfull, without regard to how
long that entry is?

   jik