[Remind-Fans] Repeat every six months

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Fri Mar 4 14:36:43 EST 2022

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 14:28:38 -0500
"Ian! D. Allen via Remind-fans" <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> This would be even more readable, if it could be made to work:

> REM 1 --1 March September MSG event

Well, actually:  REM 1 --1 April October... but sure.

> Enhancement request!  You allow multiple days, why not allow multiple
> months?

[Correction: We allow multiple weekdays, not multiple days-of-the-month,
 and weekdays are a special case.]

Yeah, I was thinking about that.  Ideally, you should be able to do:

    REM 1 5 10 March September 2020 2022 MSG event

and have it trigger on the Cartesian product of the D/M/Y options.

This will never happen unless someone else does it.  The amount of
effort needed to make this work is simply much too high for me to consider.
The entire guts of Remind's algorithm will need to be rewritten and
carefully validated to make sure it still works on existing reminders.