[Remind-Fans] rem2pdf install doesn't obey prefix specified to configure

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sat Apr 2 23:31:05 EDT 2022

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 17:59:41 -0400
Jonathan Kamens via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I ran `./configure --prefix=/opt/remind` in the current remind source
> and then `make -j` and then `sudo make install` and it installed
> rem2pdf in /usr/local instead of /opt/remind.

Unfortunately, rem2pdf uses Perl's build infrastructure which does not
cooperate very well with autoconf.  I think you can do this:

INSTALL_BASE=/opt/remind; export INSTALL_BASE
./configure --prefix=/opt/remind && make -j && sudo make install

to get it to work, but rem2pdf itself is unlikely to find the
Perl libaries and work; it will need to be edited to do something
like:

use lib '/opt/remind/lib/perl5';

or something like that.