[Remind-Fans] Recently added left-to-right marks in calendar-view?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu May 26 19:42:52 EDT 2022

Hi,

> I'd like to chime in; remind 4.0.0 is essentially broken for me, for
> kitty terminal and conky. kitty is mildly annoying but conky is
> pretty bad, screenshots attached for both

The workaround is to not set a UTF-8 locale; Remind only issues the LRM
sequences for UTF-8 locales.  You could write a little helper script
that sets LANG=C and LC_ALL=C before invoking Remind, something like this:

    #!/bin/sh
    LANG=C
    LC_ALL=C
    export LANG
    export LC_ALL
    exec remind "$@"

For 04.00.01, I'll figure out an option to suppress the LRM sequences,
though really it's the terminal emulators that are buggy, not Remind.