[Remind-Fans] multiple calendars/colors

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Jul 3 12:28:43 EDT 2022

On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 18:11:43 +0200
Saša Janiška via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> COnsidering I've need for multiple calendars (4), I wonder is it
> possible to combine different remind files into single instance of
> Remind and distinguish between the task of each one by different
> colors?

Yep.  I do something like this in a master .rem file:

# Purple
SET $DefaultColor "224 96 224"
DO calendar_1.rem

# Cyan
SET $DefaultColor "96 224 224"
DO calendar_2.rem

# .. etc

# Back to normal
SET $DefaultColor "-1 -1 -1"

You have to experiment with the colors and might need to change them
depending on whether your background is dark or light.  If you ever print
calendars, you might also want to suppress the colors for printed
versions.