[Remind-Fans] Struggle with some specific reminders

l0f4r0 at tuta.io l0f4r0 at tuta.io
Sun Jul 3 19:02:23 EDT 2022

Hi,

I've recently discovered remind and been impressed by the granularity/flexibility of the software. Congratulations to Dianne and the whole community!

I've created the most part of my reminders now but have difficulty with the following points:

1) How to repeat only 1 day a REM command?
For example: in France there are the "Journées du Patrimoine" (Heritage Days).
They take place during the third complete weekend in September so my reminder is:
     REM 15 Saturday September MSG Journées du Patrimoine
However, as the event lasts during a whole weekend (and not just the saturday), I need to repeat the reminder on the following sunday as well but I don't know how to put a formula for the UNTIL clause (because it's not a fixed end date) if I use "*1"...

2) How to setup advanced warning for OMIT statements while not taking into account weekends?
For example: I would like to do something like the following :
     OMIT 1 January OMIT Saturday Sunday +1 MSG New Year
But local OMIT is not allowed inside OMIT statement...
NB: I've tried to circumvent via:
     PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
     OMIT Saturday Sunday
     OMIT 1 January +1 MSG New Year
     POP-OMIT-CONTEXT
but line2 is not allowed neither...

3) How to setup advanced reminders like the following ones?
* Epiphany: 1st sunday after New Year (or 2nd sunday after Christmas)
* Advent beginning: 4th sunday before Christmas
* Mothers' day: last sunday in May but if it's already Pentecost time then it's delayed to 1st sunday in June

Thanks a lot in advance for your help :)
l0f4r0