[Remind-Fans] Improvements to json output

Jochen Sprickerhof remind at jochen.sprickerhof.de
Sat Aug 6 02:39:21 EDT 2022

* Dianne Skoll <dianne at skoll.ca> [2022-08-05 08:39]:
>For the trigger date, you should *NEVER* look at d, m and y; you should
>*ALWAYS* look at date.

I see. Part of my point was that date is a string I have to parse
whereas d, m, y are ints I could just consume but strptime(3) is fine
with it.

>To recap: I agree with adding a new key for the body without the color
>components and time, and also new keys for the "calendar_body" and
>"plain_body" or something, like this:
>
>    "body": "255 255 0 1:00am-3:00am %\"calendar%\" additional text",
>    "calendar_body": "calendar",
>    "plain_body": "calendar additional text",
>
>Does that seem reasonable?

That sounds great.

Thanks for explaining the details behind the json format. I'm still a
bit undecided if the format is generic enough to fit new purposes but I
guess we can handle that once they show up.

Cheers Jochen