[Remind-Fans] New Remind helper script: remint - a Text UI for Remind

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu Sep 15 15:01:29 EDT 2022

On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:54:53 -0700
Lang Hurst via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I saw this earlier and I really like it. The bigger helpers,
> tkremind and wyrd, are great for some things but I rarely use them
> because just editing the files is easier for me. This little bash
> script seems like the best of both worlds so far.

Yeah.  I use TkRemind as my daily driver, but I can definitely see
the use-case for this, especially over an SSH connection on
a machine where I can't install OCaml prereqs.

I've fallen into this workflow:

o My workplace calendar entries are pulled from Google Calendar into
  ~/.reminders/062-google-work.inc (which conditionally gets included
  depending on whether or not I want just personal reminders or work ones
  too.)

o I create reminders for social events on my phone; they go into Google
  Calendar and get pulled down into ~/.reminders/060-google.inc by a
  cron job.

o For quick one-off reminders while I'm working, I create them in TkRemind.

o For reminders with complex logic, I hand-edit them.  This has become
  pretty rare because all of my complex reminders have been set up and
  I rarely need to touch them.