[Remind-Fans] default options?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Fri Sep 23 10:22:18 EDT 2022

On 2022-09-23 10:14, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
>     #!/bin/sh
>     # myrem
>     if test "$REMIND_OPTS" = "" ; then
>         REMIND_OPTS="- at 2,2,1"
>     fi
>     exec remind $REMIND_OPTS "$@"
>

> This lets you set the REMIND_OPTS environment variable; it if's not
> set, then a default of "- at 2,2,1" is used.

Shell "${VARNAME:-DEFAULT}" syntax should let you simplify this down to

  #!/bin/sh
  exec remind "${REMIND_OPTS:-- at 2,2,1}" "$@"

which could even be a shell-function if you prefer

  $ r() { rem "${REMIND_OPTS:-- at 2,2,1}" "$@" ; }
  $ r 2022-3-14
  ... # agenda view with default options
  $ REMIND_OPTS="- at 0 -c+" r
  ... #week calendar, could also be written as:
  $ REMIND_OPTS="- at 0" r -c
  ... #month calendar

Just a few more tweaks from my toolbox :-)

-tim