[Remind-Fans] Prerequisites (was Re: Remind 04.02.00 BETA 1 is Available)

Merell L. Matlock, Jr. mlmatlock at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:13:43 EDT 2022

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 12:22:12PM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 12:18:30 -0400
> "Merell L. Matlock, Jr. via Remind-fans" <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > The official [1] package only has tk for an optional dependency (if
> > you want to run TkRemind).
>
> The Arch dependencies look broken.  TkRemind requires tk, but it also
> requires tcllib: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/tcllib

For Arch, tcllib is not a hard dependency for tk; and as you note,
tcllib is an AUR package; and while I can't find it in writing, Arch
rules are that official packages cannot depend on anything from the AUR.

I guess the good thing is that if someone newly installs remind (and the
optdepend tk), then tries to run TkRemind, they'll get a nice error
message informing them that tcllib is missing.  :)

Merell
--
inoculatte:
	To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.