[Remind-Fans] Remind 04.02.00 is Released

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Fri Oct 14 12:16:51 EDT 2022

On 2022-10-14 11:12, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> - NEW FEATURE: remind: Allow weekdays to be globally-omitted.  For example:
>
>        OMIT Saturday Sunday
>
>   globally-omits all Saturdays and Sundays.

I presume "global" here means "limited to the PUSH/POP context like
other OMITs"?

> - NEW FEATURE: remind: Add ansicolor() built-in function to make it easier
>   to colorize reminders on the terminal.  Suggested by Tim Chase.
>
> - NEW FEATURE: remind: Add several special variables related to the color
>   mode: $UseVTColors, $UseBGVTColors, $Use256Colors, $UseTrueColors and
>   $TerminalBackground.  Based on a suggestion by Tim Chase.
>
> - NEW FEATURE: remind: Add trigtags() function per suggestion from Tim Chase.

Wow, that Tim Chase guy is a whiner, never satisfied. ;-)

Thanks so much for all of these!

> - NEW FEATURE: remind: The $AddBlankLines system variable controls
> whether or not a blank line is added after each reminder.

Ooooooh, nice!  This will allow me to go through and remove the
trailing "%" from every. single. reminder. :-D

> - NEW FEATURE: remind: Add utctolocal() and localtoutc() built-in functions.
> - NEW FEATURE: remind: Add timezone() built-in function.

Nice to see timezone smarts arrive.  I've not needed them frequently,
but it's nice to not use my hacky workarounds now.

I look forward to exercising all of these features.

FWIW, building on FreeBSD gives me a bunch of:

  cc: warning: optimization flag '-ffat-lto-objects' is not supported [-Wignored-optimization-argument]

messages which might be a clang-vs-gcc thing.  And in case you care,
I get:

  moon.c:404:33: warning: variable 'Lambdamoon' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
        mEc, A4, lP, V, lPP, NP, y, x, Lambdamoon,

though that seems more benign.

Not that I ever leave unused code/variables in my work (checks `git
log` for my most recent codebase) in the last 16 hours. :-D

In all, a wonderful release...thanks!

-Tim