[Remind-Fans] $DontCue no longer works for rem

Gary Johnson garyjohn at spocom.com
Thu Oct 20 18:06:48 EDT 2022

I have been happily using remind for a number of years, the most
recent version being 03.03.00, the version that comes with Ubuntu
20.04.  I recently bought a new Linux computer and decided to
install the latest remind from your web site, version 04.02.00.

The new version seems to be ignoring a construct I've been using for
as long as I can remember.

    IF $DontQueue == 0
        REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri AT 13:00 MSG %"%"Eye drops
        REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri AT 18:00 MSG %"%"Eye drops
    ENDIF

The $DontQueue test had the effect of hiding that reminder from the
output of rem, but now the output of rem includes those two lines.

Is this a bug or have the rules for hiding such reminders changed?

Regards,
Gary