[Remind-Fans] Tkremind: Go to previous/next month indicators shown as boxes

Gary Johnson garyjohn at spocom.com
Tue Nov 1 12:49:31 EDT 2022

On 2022-11-01, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 09:11:25 -0700
> Gary Johnson via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:
>
> > On the system showing arrows, rmt says,
>
> >     -family {DejaVu Sans} -size 10 -weight normal -slant roman
> > -underline 0 -overstrike 0
>
> > On the system showing rectangles,
>
> >     -family {DejaVu Sans} -size 10 -weight normal -slant roman
> > -underline 0 -overstrike 0
>
> Huh!  Maybe it's a different version?  Or you're missing a package?  On
> my Debian machine, I have these installed:
>
>     fonts-dejavu, fonts-dejavu-core and fonts-dejavu-extra
>
> All are version 2.37-2

Now I'm really confused.  I was so sure that was going to fix it.
I ran

    $ apt list --installed | grep fonts-dejavu

on both systems.

On the system showing arrows:

    fonts-dejavu-core/focal,focal,now 2.37-1 all [installed]
    fonts-dejavu-extra/focal,focal,now 2.37-1 all [installed,automatic]
    fonts-dejavu/focal,focal,now 2.37-1 all [installed,automatic]

On the system showing rectangles:

    fonts-dejavu-core/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed,automatic]

I installed the fonts-dejavu and fonts-dejavue-extra packages on the
latter so that it now has:

    fonts-dejavu-core/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed,automatic]
    fonts-dejavu-extra/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed]
    fonts-dejavu/jammy,jammy,now 2.37-2build1 all [installed]

The arrows still show as rectangles, even after rebooting.  The font
packages _are_ different versions, but the one I just installed is
the same version you have.

I wonder if there is anything else one needs to do to install
a font.

Thanks for your help and your patience.

Regards,
Gary