[Remind-Fans] A-Day / B-Day

hymie! hymie at nasalinux.net
Tue Aug 27 10:19:25 EDT 2024

I hope you don't mind if I take this off list, because we're getting
off the subject.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 10:06:20AM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> > rem 2021-04-21 *56 until 2099-12-31 SATISFY 1·
> > if (trigvalid())
> >   SET ebhpasswd trigdate()
> >   rem [ebhpasswd] SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Ehymowitz Password Changes
> > endif

So I think what you're saying is ... Every day (because trigvalid is always
true), I'm setting ebhpasswd to a date (in this case, 2024-09-25) and
then issuing a command

rem 2024-09-25 SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Ehymowitz Password Changes

which gets ignored because most of the time, remind isn't processing that
date.

In which case, I understand now.

> REM 2021-04-21 *56 SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Ehymowitz Password Changes

The original reason was horribly complex (and equally un-remind-ish)

One .reminders file said:

if (trigvalid())
  SET ebhpasswd trigdate()
  rem [ebhpasswd] SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Ehymowitz Password Changes
endif

and then another .reminders file (loaded strictly after the first one) said

if defined("ebhpasswd")
  rem [ebhpasswd] SPECIAL (do some different stuff) Ehymowitz Password Changes

so I thought I was saving time by using my pre-defined ebhpasswd variable.
I'm not doing that two-file-thing any more, but I left the first file
as-is.  But I'll change it, and look for other stupid stuff I did.

Thank you so much.  I love remind.  I just realized I passed the 25-year

--hymie!