[Remind-Fans] Line breaks in calendar mode

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Wed Aug 28 10:17:26 EDT 2024

On Tue, 27 Aug 2024 12:21:27 -0400
hymie! via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I was hoping to remove the blank lines between entries.  I guess
> that's not possible?

I was so annoyed by this limitation I fixed it in this commit:

https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind/commit/7b9b6ebc969dda77ef6991ad80e9091fa301e0d2

Support for preserving newlines (%_) by calendar back-ends is not guaranteed.
Currently, rem2pdf supports it (if you invoke Remind with -pp or -ppp) and
TkRemind supports it.  rem2html currently does not, but I'll fix that.
rem2ps does not and I will not fix that because rem2ps is deprecated---use
rem2pdf instead.

Also, the "simple" modes like "remind -s" or "remind -n" will convert
the newlines to spaces.