[Remind-Fans] Remind 05.00.05 is Released

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Tue Sep 3 16:26:10 EDT 2024

On Mon, Sep 2, 2024 at 2:53 PM Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans <
remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> * BUG FIX: contrib/ical2rem.pl: Replace "SCHED _sfun" with "+15" to
>   hard-code 15-minutes advance warning rather than using an undefined
>   scheduling function.  If this is not what you want, you should edit
>   ical2rem.pl to suit your taste; it's not officially part of Remind and
>   is meant more as a starting point for you to customize than a finished
>   product.
>
> Amazing that nobody has ever reported this! in my functions file I have

FSET _sfun(x) choose(x, -60, 30, 5, 0)

so clearly this was an oversight...from, let's see....

version 0.2 <https://github.com/jbalcorn/ical2rem#version-02>

  - add command line switches
  - add debug code
  - add SCHED _sfun keyword

  - fix typos

So, late 2000s maybe?

Any suggestions on the best way to handle this?

OH!  Thanks to mlmatlock for opening an issue at
https://github.com/jbalcorn/ical2rem/issues/8.

So I stand corrected - someone mentioned this 5 days ago!  So, please
discuss proper resolution there.

And thanks, Dianne!  For everything!