[RP-PPPoE] PPP, IPv6 & RADIUS

Charles Price cpwp at w3z.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 18:41:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I gather that Roaring Penguin have contributed to the RADIUS plugin for pppd.

I wonder whether there are any plans to implement support for IPv6 specific
attributes in the radius plugin for ppp?

I've been able to assign IPv6 addresses to each end of the PPP link but I'm
especially interested in controlling said addressing from RADIUS and if
possible, suggest an IPv6 prefix that should be used behind the remote end of
the PPP link.

As far as I know, the relevant RADIUS attribute for this is Framed-IPv6-
Protocol but I'm not sure whether this is supported by the IPv6CP standard.

Many thanks,

Charlie