[RP-PPPoE] pppoe-server simultaneous conections

Darci Vereda Junior - JrLinux Informática darci at jrlinux.com.br
Fri Jun 19 14:06:57 EDT 2009

Hello folks!

In first place,  thank for your atention and helpful.
We use the rp-pppoe a lot of time and is a great tool!
My question is very simple. How many simultaneous conections
the pppoe-server can suport? I read in the
http://www.freeantennas.com/PPPoE-Server-HOWTO.html
"As it turns out there is a bug either in PPP or in the PPPoE server which
will cause problems when the PPP254
virtual device is created.  As far as I am aware this is an unavoidable
problem unless you wish to modify the actual
source code for PPP or PPPoE as appropriate."
This is true?

Thanks a lot!

Darci Vereda Junior
IT Manager