[RP-PPPoE] PPPoE-server with many simultaneous connections

cbalint at cablesat.ro cbalint at cablesat.ro
Wed Jul 22 21:40:59 EDT 2009

> cbalint at cablesat.ro wrote:
>>   - we export all pppd /32 IPs over ospf so we dont
>> care ppp IPs on wich blade is located, radius alocate
>> randomly IP's from random classes, on any of our nodes.
>
> why not to use freeradius unlang to make per-server pools, and announce
> /24, /23 and so on? :)

- We dont care about routing mess with ospf using /32.
We want minimize across all blades our usage
over /24 class. Goal was not allocate any more
/24 only if they really fill up with online ppp
users accross all classes.

- We use freeradius, I agree it is highly configurable
in any creative fashion, it just depends on goal.