[RP-PPPoE] Problem accessing websites problem.

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Mon Nov 30 13:33:40 EST 2009

Guillaume CHARDIN wrote:
> 2009/11/30 Dan Carl <danc at bluestarshows.com>:
>
>> You don't want to disable iptables you have to use it.
>> You need to tell your box to forward port 80 connections  to the  webserver
>> located in your DMZ
>> Here's an example:
>> $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i ppp0 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
>> 192.168.0.5:80
>>
>> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
>>

> It's really not iptables problem (the rules i created) because I
> remove all of it and permit access from everyone to everywhere (plz do
> not mention security problem it xas during the test phase :) ).
> I just mention "iptable was disabled" to tell you that I disable
> firewall to be sure problem was not generated by it. Iptables rules
> are fine lik nat rules (with masquerading, dnat etc...), filter rules
> are good too. If you want to check I can post some of them.

Not sure what you mean by permitting access to everyone to everywhere.
If you disable iptables you WILL allow incoming packets to your router
but without iptables there's no way to forward the correct packets to
the correct box in your DMZ/internal network.

No need to post all your rules for now.

Please post the output of
#iptables -t nat -L -nv

Dan