[RP-PPPoE] High load + kernel mode

Extra Fu extrafu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 08:44:55 EST 2010

Hello,

Many for your responses, I really appreciate.

As for going kernel-mode pppoe, should I only rebuild the RPM (based
on http://www.roaringpenguin.com/files/download/rp-pppoe-3.10.tar.gz)
to include the /etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so module and then, modify
the init script to launch pppoe-server using the -k argument?

Are there any other precaution to take?

Since I'm running this in production right now, I do want to minimize
the downtime for my users. I also want to be safe and go back to
non-kernel-mode pppoe in case of any issues.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,