[RP-PPPoE] pppoe: recv (receivePacket): Network is down

Murat Sezgin sezginmurat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:25:02 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am using rp-pppoe-3.10 with ppp-2.4.4 in my openwrt router. I am
using the rp-pppoe.so shared object from the ppp package. Form
rp-pppoe I am only using the pppoe-relay feature. When I unplug and
plug the WAN cable I get the below messages.

/ # WAN disconnected
pppoe: recv (receivePacket): Network is down
pppoe: recv (receivePacket): Network is down
WAN connected
pppoe: recv (receivePacket): Network is down
pppoe: recv (receivePacket): Network is down

Am I supposed to see these messages? What can I do, if I don't wan to
see these messages?

Regards
Murat Sezgin