[RP-PPPoE] pppoe:read (asyncReadFromPPP):: Input/output error

Jolly Shah jolly0209 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 02:40:08 EDT 2010

Yes the command "/usr/sbin/pppd pty 'pppoe -I ath0' noauth user test
password YOURPASSWORDHERE  debug" does not give any error but it
doesn't connect to server too.

below is the output for "ls -l /dev/ppp"

~ # ls -l /dev/ppp
crw-------    1 root     root     108,   0 Jan  1 00:07 /dev/ppp

I don't have strace..Tried the other one suggested by you and below
are the arguments being passed to pppd command.

~ # cat /tmp/pppd-args
pty /usr/sbin/pppoe -p /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf-pppoe.pid.pppoe -I ath0 -T
80 -U -m 1412 -D /tmp/pppoe-debug-141/pppoe-debug.txt-0 noipdefault
noauth default-asyncmap defaultroute hide-password nodetach mtu 1492
mru 1492 noaccomp nodeflate nopcomp novj novjccomp user test
lcp-echo-interval 20 lcp-echo-failure 3 debug

I will install strace and will try to debug with that.

--
Jolly Shah

Jolly Shah