[RP-PPPoE] Acct-Interim-Interval

Mike mike-freeradius at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Jul 21 10:58:48 EDT 2010

Bishal wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have change the op from ":=" to "=". But still it didn't help? By
> the way does rp-pppoe server send accounting update value to radiu
> server?

You still haven't answered the question -

    1) In the returned radius attributes, can you see
Acct-Interim-Interval? You can determine this a number of ways:

    a) The pppd 'radattr' plugin, if you use it, will write a copy of
the received attributes to a file such as /var/run/radattr.pppXXX. You
should be using this diagnostic. If it does not show up here, then the
problem is your radius server not returning the attribute.

    b) If you can't see it, then you need to debug your radius
configuration. If using freeradius, run it such as "freeradius -X" and
carefully examine the results after your client authenticates. Check to
see which DEFAULT entries are being matched as well as the results of
the sql lookup. Your radius server needs to be returning the attribute
and this is how to verify.  There is no other way to make it work.

    2) If you just 'want to make it work', you can usually just add
"Acct-Interim-Interval = 300" to the DEFAULT entry in your radius users
file that matches, per the the debug above (yes its consulted even if
you use sql). This may be a good default along with  "Framed-MTU :=
1492" for pppoe connections.

    Further discussion should probably be referred to the freeradius list.
    Good luck to ya.

Mike-