[RP-PPPoE] PADT Flood?

Christian Costa christian at eol.co.nz
Sun Aug 15 21:15:32 EDT 2010

  Hi ILC,

That makes perfect sense in our situation here. We have a big wireless
network that at the moment behaves like a big lan. We are currently
planning to create VLANs and subnets  to try decreasing the amount of
broadcast traffic we currently have. With one pppoe server instance per
VLAN things should behave better.
I've increased the lcp-echo-failure to 5 as opposed to 2 that we had before.
I don't think most clients are being affected by the flood happens but
it does generate spikes on all switch ports and I can see some clients
reconnect after the flood is gone.
Many thanks for you reply.

Kind regards,

Christian