[RP-PPPoE] radattr.so cant receive values from radius

Insane Laughing Clown mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Sep 6 12:57:57 EDT 2010

Mike Tesliuk wrote:
> I read this thread before and i have the script to do the shapping on
> ppp interface, but the question is that i dont receive the parameter
> on radattr.ppp0

Mike - I would try to verify that your radius server is in fact returing
the attributes. Yes you can expect the radattr.so plugin to put
everything it gets into the file as you noted, but since it's not there,
the explanation is more than likely that your radius server is simply
not returning those attributes at all in the first place.

If using freeradius, you can verify this simply by running 'freeradius
-X' and watching the debug output. Although voluminous, its not too hard
to pick out what it's doing and what it's sending back. Another way if
you have it, use a (more recent) tcpdump to capture the output from your
radius server;

tcpdump -lni ethXX -s1500 -vvv host <radiusserver> and port 1812

where 'XX' is on the path to your radius. You outta see the
access-request and the access-accept response here.

By the way.. I am still looking for a decent script to establish
per-user-session bandwidth controls. TC has always been so confusing to
me I never get it right.

Mike-