[RP-PPPoE] RES: txqueuelen on ppp0

Mike mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Oct 25 17:04:12 EDT 2010

Rodrigo Ramiro Muniz Junior wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I am trying change the value on txqueuelen to ppp0 connection, and I can't found the file.
>
> On kernel 2.4, we can change on .../drivers/net/ppp_generic.c. However, I need change on kernel 2.6 and I've found where change the txqueuelen to ppp0.
>
> - kernel version is 2.6.18.
> - pppoe rp-pppoe-3.10

You could do it in the ip-up script: (eg: /etc/ppp/ip-up)
ip link set $IFNAME txqueuelen <somenumber>

My question for you however, is why do you think you need to do this?
PPPoE frames are enqueued onto the ethernet interface so it would seem
redundant to try and have much more of a queue than the 3 default.

Mike-