[RP-PPPoE] Error message for pppoe-server - no client slots

Insane Laughing Clown mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Oct 27 22:53:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

What it means is that you have reached the maximum number of possible
sessions.

When you start pppoe-server one of the paramaters is the number of
sessions to allow because each pppoe session requires 1 slot for
management purposes. Short term you should look thru your active
sessions and just verify that there is not some user using a whole bunch
- check by mac address (used something like ps auxw and then sift thru
the output). Session control is weak (no offense david) and its
possible, without external intervention, for sessions to pile up for bad
clients (many many out there). Later versions of the server have 1
session per mac control but only if you enable it.

Mike-