[RP-PPPoE] Can't attach PPP right after detach

Insane Laughing Clown mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Fri Nov 19 12:05:45 EST 2010

Martinez Marcos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to connect a DSL modem to a PC via PPPoE.
>
> Steps:
>
> 1.	I launch the PPPoE server on the PC
> 2.	I attach the PPP interface from the modem
> 3.	OK. PPP link is up
> 4.	I detach the PPP interface from the modem
> 5.	OK. PPP link is down
> 6.	I attach again the PPP interface
> 7.	PADI-PADO-PADR-PADS are sent
> 8.	Server sends a PADT with error: RP-PPPoE: Child pppd process terminated
>
> Any idea of what's wrong?
>
> If I want to restablish the PPP connection, I have to kill and then reboot the pppoe-server

Sounds like a problem to drive you insane. ;-)

Turn on 'debug' in the server (/etc/ppp/options), then lets see the
following:

A copy of your syslog from the first and second connection attempts
a 'ps auxw" on the server after the second attempt fails.
a copy of the command line option you used to launch pppoe-server.

Also - what host operating system you got (linux version and so forth)?

-ILC