[RP-PPPoE] About pppoe service name

Bishal Pun bishalpun at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 03:56:25 EST 2011

Hello all,

 I have setup two kernel mode rp-pppoe 3.10 server in ubuntu 10.04
server. And has run rp-pppoe service one without service name and
another with service name WIPOP.

/usr/sbin/pppoe-server -k -x 1 -T 60 -N 700 -I eth1 -S WIPOP -L
124.xx.xx.1 -p /etc/ppp/ip-pool

[bishal at rp-pppoe ~]$ more /etc/ppp/pppoe-server-options
# PPP options for the PPPoE server
# LIC: GPL
debug
#dump
#dryrun
require-pap
refuse-chap
#login
mtu 1492
mru 1492
#proxyarp
lcp-echo-interval 5
lcp-echo-failure 5
ms-dns 202.xx.xx.xx
#ms-dns 202.xx.xx.xx
#ms-dns 202.xx.xx.xx
plugin rp-pppoe.so
plugin radius.so
plugin radattr.so
radius-config-file /etc/radiusclient/
radiusclient.conf
#receive-all
logfile /var/log/pppoe.log

/usr/sbin/pppoe-server -k -x 1 -T 60 -N 700 -I eth1 -L 124.xx.xx.10 -p
/etc/ppp/ip-pool

My problem is whenever user try to initiate a connection without
service name, the server running with SERVICE NAME sent PADO.  It
doesnot goes to pppoe server without servicename. After dialing 3-4
times it only goes to pppoe-server wihtout servicename? Can anyone
guide me what I've done wrong? Why pppoe server running with SERVICE
NAME is replying to client who send PADI without service name?

Thank you
Bishal