[RP-PPPoE] Very high CPU usage by the pppoe-server

Dardan Behluli Dardan.Behluli at ipko.com
Thu Mar 31 08:46:20 EDT 2011

The machine has 2.5GB of RAM and, for the moment, there is no swapping. The tool top shows that the pppoe-server process uses the CPU the most.
As I mentioned in the first post, the other PPPoE servers, about 15 of them with the same hardware, show much better performance with the same and even higher number of users connected. The difference in configuration is that this one has no NAT. Can this be the cause, in some strange way?

Thanks again,
Dardan