[RP-PPPoE] Very high CPU usage by the pppoe-server

Insane Laughing Clown mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Apr 5 00:56:56 EDT 2011

I have received his strace output.

Dardan, you are using commercial software. I can know this because your
PPPD - according to the strace - is loading 'servpoet.so':

open("/etc/ppp/plugins/servpoet.so", O_RDONLY) = 5

As far as I know, once you have that module loaded (and the associated
userspace scripts + environment), this really bears little resemblance
to the stock pppoe-server, and I don't believe we on the list can be of
much assistance. Well David could be since he's involved at some level
with that but generally the issue is going to be that you have this
commercial code and it does all kinds of things with userspace scripts
and so forth that a stock opensource pppoe-server installation does not
and I don't think it's going to be productive for us outsiders to try
and support that.

I recommend bringing this up directly with the servpoet people, they
will be the best source of support for problems with their product.

-ILC