[RP-PPPoE] kernel-mode plugin

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Fri Aug 24 06:59:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

I just updated to rp-pppoe 3.11 on my system (Fedora 17 with kernel
3.5.2 and ppp 2.4.5). Since the distro package does not contain the
kernel-mode plugin, I built it myself. It initially failed (the
configure script disabled it), so I had to make some changes. This was
not necessary in the past, so I guess the kernel headers where change at
some point:

- change all includes of linux/in.h to netinet/in.h
for detection of linux/if_pppox.h and "checking for Linux 2.4.X
kernel-mode PPPoE support"
Also, linux/in.h is not used in the code, but netinet/in.h is (pppoe.h),
so I only had to patch the configure script

- the check for the "N_HDLC line discipline" fails, because N_HDLC is
now defined in linux/tty.h instead of linux/termios.h
Don't know what how that matters, though...

Regards