[RP-PPPoE] kernel-mode plugin

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Fri Aug 24 17:37:17 EDT 2012

On 24.08.2012 19:42, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> - the check for the "N_HDLC line discipline" fails, because N_HDLC is
>> now defined in linux/tty.h instead of linux/termios.h
> Hmm... I don't have linux/tty.h.  I had to use pty.h instead.
> (This is Debian Squeeze running kernel 3.4.4)

I have linux/tty.h on my Debian wheezy system (kernel 3.2.23). But
please forget about that, using pty.h is probably The Right Thing. (It
includes sys/ioctl.h which itself includes bits/ioctl-types.h, where
N_HDLC is also defined. This would even work on my ancient CentOS 4
machine (kernel 2.4.9, glibc 2.3.4)).
Using linux/* headers should be avoided (for userspace programs).

btw, do you have a publicly accessible SCM for rp-ppoe?